But if you need help filling out the information correctly, we’ll give you all the tips on what you can’t leave off your resume.
Our first contact with a new company is made through the resume. That’s why we have to work hard on this presentation to have a real chance of getting the job. The truth is that the model of resume presented says more about the candidate than you think.
If the company, when looking at your resume, identifies more defects than qualities, your chances of being called for an interview decrease drastically.
But it is not that difficult. In this article I will show you some simple tips and all the things not to do when preparing your resume. With a few precautions, you will become a real contender for the job of your dreams.
Basic steps for making a online resume
Many people, when a job opportunity arises, despair because they don’t know how to put together that perfect online resume. But here are some basic steps that will help you get started:
- Choose a resume template to follow. There are hundreds available on the internet, but to make your search easier, just use our tool, so you’ll have access to the best resume template without wasting time.
- It might be a good idea to do a little research about the company you want to work for. Find out if they have any specific format or guidelines for resume creation;
- Start your resume with your name, followed by personal information such as date of birth, address, phone number and email address;
- In the second topic, talk about your education. Companies want to know if you are capable of performing a certain function, so don’t beat around the bush and specify your level of education, the institution where you graduated or where you are still studying;
- Next is a good time to mention extracurricular courses. If you have studied languages, computers, or anything else besides your main education, this is the time to mention it;
- In the next item, talk about your skills and how you can help the company if they choose you. But don’t get too excited, because companies are not very impressed with long resumes;
- Don’t forget to mention your salary expectations;
- Specify all your previous jobs, talking about the positions, the year you joined and left, and even the salaries;
- Finally, talk briefly about your goals.
Tips for your online resume
Now that you have a basic notion of how to put together your resume to get the job of your dreams, you can fine-tune the details with the following tips:
- Never lie on your resume. If you put a skill that you don’t have, for example, you will be found out soon after you are hired and will be fired;
- Send your resume to companies that are compatible with your profile;
- Use font and spacing in a way that makes it easy to read, and avoid excessive flourishes, such as embellishing the margins or putting capital letters. The document should look serious;
- Never post photos in which you are smiling, wearing glasses, a hat, or anything else that may cover your face. Try to take the photo in a bright environment. The more serious and professional you are, the better your chances are of getting the job;
- Don’t bad-mouth previous jobs. Many people get carried away when talking about their past experiences, but this can be very dangerous. When talking about other companies, only mention the positions you held and the activities you performed. If you felt unhappy and wronged, perhaps your resume is not the best place to talk about it.
What do you need to care about when making your resume online?
After looking at several resume templates, it is easy to notice that many candidates make similar mistakes, and in order not to repeat them, it is good to take some care:
- Avoid English mistakes. A résumé with many spelling and grammar flaws can work against you and prevent you from being hired. If you have little knowledge of the language, it is best to ask someone to proofread it for you;
- Don’t write long online resumes that are 3 or 4 pages long, unless you have a lot of education, research, and published work to cite. If this is not the case, do not try to lengthen the material. The idea here is to be clear and objective, just so the company knows you briefly. More detailed information you should give in the interview.
- Avoid colorful resumes. Many people think that using multiple colors in this document will get you noticed. The result can be the opposite, as many companies hate this practice;
- Don’t omit work experience that you consider less important. Many people believe that jobs that are not related to the position they are applying for should not appear on the resume. But the company wants to know your entire trajectory, so information such as the time you have worked in a certain position is very important.
- Never forget to include contact information; the ideal is to have at least three, so that the company can contact you even if one of the means fails. It may seem very obvious, but believe me, there are people who completely forget this detail. Fortunately, with our online resume generator you won’t have this problem.
Ready-made templates of online resume
You can use ready-made online resume templates, but you should make sure that the template you choose meets the items mentioned in this article. Microsoft Word, for example, provides several resume templates for you to choose from.
The truth is that there is no exact shape. There is no point in searching exhaustively for a template that people consider right. There are several options for making a good resume. But always be careful to choose one that looks serious, has all the information, and is easy to read.
But in order to develop our online resume generator, we studied several templates and we believe we came up with a satisfactory result, where we could gather the main items that are used in most of the resumes out there.
So by filling in the information, you will have a template that will be accepted by most companies.
Be the professional that companies need
Many people make great resumes and send them to many companies. But often they are not even invited for an interview. So they get extremely frustrated.
But simply writing a good resume will not be enough to get the job. Whatever the job, there is always a lot of competition and sometimes we fight against people who are more qualified and experienced.
I know it’s sad, but it’s the absolute truth.
So, to stand out in the market you need to be well prepared. So, don’t miss the opportunities to improve yourself. Whenever you can, take some course or training. There are thousands of free options on the Internet.
But the important thing is not to get discouraged, because opportunities will always arise. So, leave your online resume prepared, so you only need to print it when you need it, or send it directly in digital format.
Free resume generator for young apprentice
The young apprentice is a professional who is still starting his career, so he doesn’t have much experience and is looking for his first opportunities.
Fortunately, many companies have their doors open to these apprentices, who can be trained from a young age to perform the functions of the company in the best possible way.
Generally, the salary for this type of professional is lower, because, as the name implies, they are considered to be in a learning period.
But, you can use the free online resume generator to create a professional resume for this type of position.
Don’t worry too much about the experience issue, because it’s time to focus on your courses and skills. For example, if you speak English, know how to use various computer programs, that is the time to say.
It is also important to talk about your goals. Show that you are excited about the possibility of getting your first job, and demonstrate all that you can do for the company.
When trying to create the perfect resume for your dream job, the best thing you can do is to make your information as clear and simple as possible, without omitting anything essential, and with a formal communication and presentation that gives the idea of professionalism.
There are many things you can put on a free resume and several ways to do it, but the key is not to invent too much. Companies receive many resumes all the time, so there is a lot of material to be analyzed. This is why they prefer those candidates who get to the point, succinctly presenting everything the evaluator needs to know.
There is no perfect formula, but always research and keep up to date. And don’t be daunted by the task of writing a resume, just do it with dedication and attention; then the perfect job will be closer and closer.
And for sure, by using our free online resume generator, you will increase your chances.